The Search for High-End Dentures
Finding the perfect high-end dentures isn’t always as straight-forward as one might think. With any set of dentures, there are several different factors to consider. We know the search can be challenging, so we’ve attempted to make the process easy. Find out more about our options and the process involved with dentures.
At Lincoln Family Dentistry, we understand the difficulty in losing your teeth. We see many patients who have experienced this. Because of that fact, we’re confident we can help you find what you’re looking for, quickly and conveniently.
If you’re looking for dentures that will look great and last, you’re probably thinking of cosmetic dentures.
Cosmetic dentures are typically going to be the top choice for high-end dentures on the market. They’re usually slightly more costly than the budget dentures on the market. However, their benefits often make up for this fact. Cosmetic dentures look more like real teeth, by their very nature. They’re called cosmetic because they’re intended to make your smile look beautiful!
Cosmetic dentures also tend to feel much more natural than other denture options. They’ll fit naturally in a person’s mouth to help them chew and speak efficiently. This will also help patients avoid some of the caveats of cheap dentures: sores from ill-fitting dentures, slipping and clacking in the mouth, and awkward social encounters.
If you know anyone that is embarrassed about losing their teeth or know someone who needs extensive improvements to their smile, please refer them to us.
What to Keep in Mind When Searching For Dentures
Cosmetic dentures, like with many other dental objects, can vary significantly in quality. There are many options on the market that claim to offer cheap dentures that will last. However, many denture companies make their dentures with cheap materials that won’t last. Those who choose the cheapest dentures out there end up paying more in the long run for replacements.
While cosmetic dentures could be a great choice, they do have drawbacks. These drawbacks do exist, and it’s important that you’re aware of them. With dentures, your jaw experiences bone loss over time. They are removable and need to be cleaned often.
Because of those drawbacks, another option to keep in mind is an upgrade to a cosmetic denture, our newest procedure, Hybrid Prosthesis
Hybrid Prosthesis, are kind of like implant dentures (but not exactly). Multiple Implants retain the bridge making this option to be permanent.
Benefits of the Hybrid Bridge:
• Reduces overall cost when compared to single implants
• Eliminates the need for bone grafting, in most cases
• Allows for easy maintenance through proper oral hygiene
• Restores the ability to eat all types of foods
• Relieves the many frustrations of removable dentures
• Ensures long-term results with the potential to last a lifetime
• Renews a youthful appearance through bone level stabilization
• Creates a whole new smile in just one day
• Enhances self-confidence and overall quality of life
We also understand that Hybrid Prosthesis isn’t for everyone. However, we believe it’s an excellent idea to keep our patients educated and informed about the available options. This will help you be aware of what’s out there. In turn, being educated will help you make a great decision, one that will impact the rest of your life.
Getting High-End Dentures: The Process
If you’re in need of dentures, you’ll probably want to know what to expect during your treatment. The process of getting custom, cosmetic dentures involves a series of appointments.
1. Impressions – First, your dentist will take an impression of your mouth. The dentist will send this impression to a dental lab. They’ll use the impression to duplicate the positions of your jaw, lips, and any teeth for your dentures.
2. Personality – In creating your actual dentures, your dentists will talk to you about how you want your dentures to look. A person’s smile is more than just what they use to eat and speak. A smile contains personality and character. In the same way, the dental lab will create your dentures with your desired results in mind.
3. Practicality – Once you’ve decided how you want your smile to look, your dentist will evaluate the functional aspect. The functionality of your new denture is equally important to the cosmetic side.
4. Test Dentures – Once you’ve decided on how you want your dentures to look, your Lincoln dentist will have you try on a pair of temporary dentures. This will allow you to see how your dentures will look and feel. If they fit well, your dental lab will fabricate a pair just for you or if any final adjustments need to be made.
5. Receive Your Dentures – Once you and your Lincoln, NE dentist are happy with the look and feel of your new dentures, the lab will move forward and make the dentures based on all of the specifications you and your dentist worked out during the process. Once the dentures are complete, you will come for your final appointment to have your dentures delivered.
Assessing Cost of High-End Dentures
The cost of dentures isn’t always easy to figure out. Since you’re looking for high-end dentures, you probably won’t be looking at budget dentures currently on the market. That means you can usually expect to pay more than $2000. While that can often seem like a lot, remember how much you’ll use your dentures each day. Your dentures will express your personality, they’ll help you speak, and they’ll help you chew. More than anything, a great pair of dentures is an investment for your future. They’ll ensure your confidence and help you feel good about the way you look and feel.
An excellent way to learn about the cost of dentures is to visit us for a consultation. If you’ve been thinking about moving forward with dentures, you can call us at 402-467-1000 and schedule your consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions about High-End Dentures
Is it hard to eat with dentures? Your Lincoln, NE dentist answers…
Once your mouth finishes healing and you have grown accustomed to your dentures, you should be able to eat most foods. Certain foods will always be difficult to eat with dentures, including sticky or chewy foods, hard foods, or foods with small hard pieces.
How long do dentures last? Your Lincoln, NE dentist answers…
Due to the constant changes in bone levels after teeth are removed, cosmetic dentures will have to be replaced or relined periodically. Typically, dentures that are well cared for can last 5-8 years. Over time, you will wear down the dentures and your bone and gums will shrink, causing your dentures to become loose and potentially rock during chewing.
Should you take out your dentures at night? Your Lincoln, NE dentist answers…
It is always a great idea to remove your dentures at night while you sleep to allow the soft tissues in your mouth to receive oxygen. Patients who never take out their dentures are at higher risk of developing sore spots and fungal infections.
Can you wear dentures if you have bone loss? Your Lincoln, NE dentist answers…
It is a good idea to discuss your options with your Lincoln, NE dentist. They will take an x-ray to determine how much jawbone is present. In some cases, patients with extensive, severe bone loss who have had missing teeth for decades may not be able to successfully wear a cosmetic denture. In severe cases such as patients with significant bone removal from a history of oral cancer, a prosthodontist may need to be consulted on the treatment plan for alternative options. Most patients can successfully have an implant-retained denture or cosmetic denture without many problems, even if they have a history of some bone loss.
Can dentures make me look younger? Your Lincoln, NE dentist answers…
With the high-quality materials and amazing craftsmanship available in modern dental labs, you can have a very youthful smile while wearing dentures. Having a bright, white set of teeth in place of missing teeth or failing restorations and advanced periodontal disease will inevitably improve your smile. To preserve the youthful effect, consider an implant-retained over-denture as an option. This option allows the jawbone to be preserved, preventing a sunken-in facial appearance that enhances the signs of aging.
Check out the “What is a Cosmetic Denture” video
Looking for Dental Payment Plans
or Apply Online
(Click logo above to be directed to website)
Make easy, affordable payments for your procedure with the Dental Payment Plans we offer.
We have 7 Locations in Lincoln, NE!
- Lincoln Family Dentistry – Central Lincoln
- South Lincoln Family Dentistry – South Lincoln
- Northeast Lincoln Family Dentistry – Northeast Lincoln
- Preserve Family Dentistry – East Lincoln
- Coddington Dental – West Lincoln
- NorthStar Dental – North Lincoln
- SouthPointe Dental – Southwest Lincoln
- Emergency Dentist NE – Emergency Dental Care
- Lincoln Dental Plans – Affordable Dental Options
Nebraska Family Dentistry has Lincoln Dental clinics in all parts of Lincoln. Choose a “near me dentist” location that is convenient for you.