The Search for the Best High-End Dentures
Find the best high-end dentures isn’t always as straight-forward as one might think. With any set of dentures, there are several different factors to consider. We know the search can be grueling, so we’ve attempted to make the process easy. Find out more about our options and the process involved with dentures.
At Lincoln Family Dentistry, we understand the difficulty in losing your teeth. In fact, we experience this daily through our patients. We see many patients who have experienced this. Because of that fact, we’re confident we can help you find what you’re looking for, quickly and conveniently.
If you’re looking for dentures that will look great and last, you’re probably thinking of cosmetic dentures.
Cosmetic dentures are typically going to be the best high-end dentures on the market. They’re usually slightly more costly than the budget dentures on the market. However, their benefits often make up for this fact. Cosmetic dentures look more like real teeth, by their very nature. They’re called cosmetic because they’re intended to make your smile look beautiful!
Cosmetic dentures also tend to feel much more natural than other denture options. They’ll fit naturally in a person’s mouth to help them chew and speak efficiently. This will also help patients avoid some of the caveats of cheap dentures: sores from ill-fitting dentures, slipping and clacking in the mouth, and awkward social encounters.
If you know anyone that is embarrassed about losing their teeth or needs extensive improvement to their smile, please refer them to Dr. Brad Alderman for a Free Consultation at any of our Nebraska Family Dentistry locations.
What to Keep in Mind When Searching For Dentures
Cosmetic dentures, like with many other dental objects, can vary significantly in quality. There are many options on the market that claim to offer cheap dentures that will last. However, many denture companies make their dentures with cheap materials that won’t last. Those who choose the cheapest dentures out there end up paying more in the long run for replacements.
Another option to keep in mind is an implant denture, or our newest procedure, Hybrid Prosthesis. While dentures aren’t necessarily a bad choice, they do have certain drawbacks. These drawbacks do exist, and it’s important that you’re aware of them. With dentures, your jaw experiences bone loss over time. Similarly, they are removable and need to be cleaned often. With Hybrid Prosthesis, neither of these are the case. Instead, these are kind of like implant dentures (but not exactly). They’re permanent and need to be taken care of as if they were natural teeth.
We also understand that Hybrid Prosthesis isn’t for everyone. However, we believe it’s best to keep our patients educated and informed about the available options. This will help you be aware of what’s out there and make the best possible decision for your life.
Getting the Best High-End Dentures: The Process
If you’re in need of dentures, you’ll probably want to know what you’re in for. The process of getting dentures isn’t too terribly long, but it will take a few steps.
1. Impressions – First, your dentist will take an impression of your mouth. The dentist will send this impression to a dental lab. They’ll use the impression to duplicate the positions of your jaw, lips, and any teeth for your dentures.
2. Personality – In creating your actual dentures, your dentists will talk to you about how you want your dentures to look. A person’s smile is more than just what they use to eat and speak. A smile contains personality and character. In the same way, the dental lab will create your dentures with your desired results in mind.
3. Practicality – Once you’ve decided the kinds of teeth you want in the front, your dentist will walk you through what types of teeth you’ll want to chew. The practical part of teeth is equally important to the cosmetic side. Everyone has a different mouth shape, and thus they’ll help you choose what kinds of chewing teeth are right for you.
4. Test Dentures – Once you’ve decided the exact teeth you want in your dentures, your dentist will have you try on a temporary pair of dentures. This will allow you to see how your dentures look and feel. If they fit well, your dental lab will fabricate a pair just for you. If not, you’ll go back to step 2 to try new ideas out.
5. Receive Your Dentures – Once you feel comfortable, the dental lab will move forward and will make dentures that fit your tastes. With this step, you’re all done and ready to go!
Assessing Cost of The Best High-End Dentures
The cost of dentures isn’t always easy to figure out. Since you’re looking for the best high-end dentures you can find, you probably won’t be looking at the budget dentures on the market. That means you can usually expect to pay more than $500 or $1000. While that can often seem like a lot, remember how much you’ll use your dentures each day. Your dentures will express your personality, they’ll help you speak, and they’ll help you chew. More than anything, a great pair of dentures is an investment for your future. They’ll ensure your confidence and help you feel good about the way you look and feel.
The best way to learn about the cost of dentures is to visit us. We should remind you that your first denture appointment is entirely free of charge. Your dentist will do a better job talking to you about the cost of dentures than any writing ever could. If nothing else, call us at 402-467-1000, and we’ll be happy to talk to you about your options.
Check out the “Is it better to have a dental bridge versus implant” video